Monday, February 8, 2010

New York Times Thoughts

Monday, February 08, 2010-- The New York Times did not have many interesting articles today besides the road in Sarobi, Afghanistan where many travelers plummet to their deaths off a cliff overlooking the Kabul River; over 2000 feet high. The Health care legislation is starting to become a bore for me, especially when I learn more and more about the bill to find negative consequences that would cripple over health care system as we know it. I am not saying that people who need medical attention should not receive it; I have been refused medical care before at emergency rooms when I was a young child when my parents could not afford medical insurance. Everyone, or at least 100 million Americans, watched the Super Bowl yesterday. Brees is now a big hero to a lot of aspiring college athletes and other younger generations. I still hope all of the professional players get pay cuts though. We live in a recession and players are complaining about not getting 20 million dollars and instead getting 12 million. You work for six months out of the year and are paid to be in the best physical condition. What are you going to spend the 8 million on anyway, a gold plated toilet seat? Give me a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment